Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Amazon Fire TV stick with Alexa and Plex integration

richardpaige@me.comrichardpaige@me.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 32 Plex Pass

Hi,

I am trying to get my new Amazon Fire TV stick with Alexa working with Plex so that I have voice control. So far:

1. I have the latest PMS running;
  2. I have Plex app running on Fire TV;
  3. I can play media on Fire TV via Plex without problem.

However, when I use the Fire TV remote to "Ask Plex to change my player", I receive the message that no player can be detected and a "card" added to my Alexa app about "Connecting To Your Plex Player (Plex Companion)".

As far as I can see I have done everything that I am supposed to. Am I missing something?

TIA

Answers

• pkcosgrovepkcosgrove Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 ✭✭

Alexa not seeing all available players seem to be a common problem. It doesn't see the player on my Samsung Smart TV. It would be nice if Plex would reply to these posts with a reason and a solution. I definitely will not be buying the premium version unless/untill they fix the issues and offer better support.

• cronetercroneter Members, Plex Pass Posts: 957 Plex Pass

You guys could use Kodi with PlexKodiConnect, which does fully support Alexa. See https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/210023/plexkodiconnect-let-kodi-talk-to-your-plex/p1

• Crawdad63Crawdad63 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

I cannot get it to work at all