Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Resume play from not working from iOS app

thesamrohdeshowthesamrohdeshow Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass
in iOS

Hey all,

Resume play from ...... isn't working for me anymore through the iOS app. It starts playback but from the beginning of the file only. Really frustrating.

I'm running version 1.5.5.3634 and via latest iOS app. If attempting to do this via the web player it works fine.

Plex media server is on raspberry Pi 3 but I don't think that makes a difference as web player works properly.

File types are .mp4 and .mkv, again playback resumes from last location via web browser so don't think that's a factor either..

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• santtossanttos Members Posts: 2

same here and even on android is the same.

• SerneumSerneum Members, Plex Pass Posts: 21 Plex Pass

Also seeing this in build 10293

• ozieozie Members, Plex Pass Posts: 71 Plex Pass

same here for me

• FernandoMiguel3FernandoMiguel3 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 112 Plex Pass

ipad mini with ios10 and plex ios stable, casting to chromecast.
    it always loses the resume position

• Fyrefox84Fyrefox84 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Running iOS 10.3.2, Plex iOS 4.13, Plex Server 1.5.5.3634, Chromecast 1.24.88007 and always loses resume position while casting. I can resume while playing on the APP and using Chrome on my laptop. This has worked in the previous versions of the app, but I'm not sure when it broke. When it tries to resume, it shows the playback status bar at the correct time, but then the video starts from the beginning and the status bar resets to 0:00.