Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Any luck with Roku TV outside of the home?

marcisikoffmarcisikoff Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I run innovation for my company and they got me a Roku TV (TCL). They got me a pretty good wireless signal to it (86 Mbps) as Plex TV's are not made for corporate usage with no Radius support on wifi (meaning no username can be issued).

Anyway, it's a wireless network from the same internet we get to our desktops.

Problem:

1) On desktop, I can connect on plex.tv and launch my server at home, and watch TV shows, listen to music, etc.

2) On Roku TV it reaches the "select user" and I put in my pin, but "We couldn't locate a server". "Relayed connection unavailable".

Yeah, same internet feeds both, but only one (PC) can reach my home server (v. 1.5.5 latest) and checking on that, it sees in devices the Roku TCL TV but apparently Roku app is not ready for primetime.

Tagged:

Comments

• jjrjr1jjrjr1 Posts: 1,714Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hmmm.
    My friend / neighbor shares my Plex Server Via WiFi remotely.
    I have no issues and his Roku 3 works just fine.

I have no idea what is different for you causing the issue as, IMO, the Plex App for Roku is the most advanced, stable, and bug free software client available.

Is your Server signed into plex.
    On server settings do you have a Green Dot by Remote Access.

I am assuming local connected like on your browser work but it is the remote "Outside your local net" that is failing.

At least that is how I read your question.

Maybe some more info will help.