Another Remote Access Problem
I've been trying to get the remote access feature to work for (on and off) two plus years at this point. Here's what I can tell you:
- It's not double NAT
- My cable modem / router is a SBG6580
- I've had UPnP both enabled, disabled and I've tried toggling it on and off.
- The router firewall is off
- I've created a static local IP for my server.
- I've manually specified a port for Plex through the router's software.
- I've tried a variety of ports for the Plex media server, including the ubiquitous 32400
- Externally, canyouseeme.org times out when checking the specified port. Other software reports the port is closed.
- I've tried to put the server in the routers DMZ with no change
- I've futzed around with the Windows firewall setting to try to make this work, no success.
- My ISP is Comcast.
At this point I'm just a little tired of doing this for so long with absolutely no success. If anyone has any suggestions or advice I'd be most appreciative.