Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

LiveTVH - Live TV streaming with Tvheadend

TaligentTaligent Members, Plex Pass Posts: 52 Plex Pass
edited May 23 in Plex Channels

LiveTVH.bundle

About

LiveTVH provides live TV streaming for Plex via Tvheadend, including metadata from Tvheadend's EPG, theTVDB, and The Movie DB.

After running into a few issues with the existing Tvheadend channels (streaming to iOS, etc), developing a new plugin was a good excuse to play around with Python and the channel framework. I'm not a developer by trade so feedback is appreciated!

Release notes

• 2017.05.22 - LiveTVH 1.2

• New: Paginated channel lists with configurable # of items per page - this helps with longer channel lists (a necessity for IPTV providers with thousands of channels).
    • New: Tvheadend recordings for playback - located at the end of the first page of the channel list (a display bug with several Plex clients prevents placing it at the beginning of the list).
    • New: Codec identification using Tvheadend channel tags (experimental). This can enable direct streaming for H264-AAC streams on some clients - see the notes on GitHub.
    • Updated: EPG parser to improve support for IPTV sources, including using images for a show if specified in the EPG (if other metadata providers are not available or are missing artwork).
    • Updated: EPG item limit to 20k items/20MB (again, for IPTV sources).
    • Updated: Plex clients will now display channel thumbnails as video clip objects (widescreen thumbnails) if metadata providers are disabled.
    • Updated: Code housekeeping (partially PEP8-conformant)
    • Bugfix: transcoding quality options not visible during playback
    • Bugfix: episode names from EPG were not set on Plex for Android
  • 2017.05.14 - LiveTVH 1.1

• EPG is no longer hard set - the number of EPG items requested is now based on the number of channels and hours of EPG data necessary (up to a maximum of 10,000 items or 10MB of data).
    • Bugfix: Thumbnails fallback to a channel logo when a show matches theTVDB but does not have a poster.
    • Bugfix: 12-hour time displays correctly on non-linux platforms.
    • Bugfix: Year displays for movies (when available from TMDb).
  • 2017.05.10 - Initial release 1.0

Features

• EPG: displayed as a simple list within each channel description, with a configurable time period to display in 12/24 hour time.
  • Recordings: available for playback with rich metadata if available.
  • Rich metadata: provided via theTVDB and The Movie DB.

• If available through Tvheadend's EPG, searching theTVDB utilizes zap2it ID information for more exact matches and will fall back to searching by name if not available.
  • Fallback to using EPG images or Tvheadend channel icons if artwork is not available from the metadata providers.

• Customized for different clients to display metadata more efficiently - Plex clients vary quite a bit in which fields they choose to display!
  • Direct streaming on Plex Web and iOS for channels using H264-AAC.
  • Caching where possible for EPG data, metadata and images to minimize channel list load times.
  • Tvheadend stream URL checking for availability prior to sending the stream to the client - this prevents long timeouts on the client if Tvheadend stream is inaccessible (no available tuner, no connection to the source, etc).

Screenshots

LiveTVH v1.2 Plex Web Posters

LiveTVH v1.2 Plex Web Recordings

Plex HT Screenshot

Plex Media Player Screenshot

Plex iOS Screenshot

Installation and Setup

LiveTVH is available on GitHub, along with setup notes and known issues:

https://github.com/taligentx/LiveTVH.bundle

Issues/Feedback

Have feedback or an issue? Post here or at https://github.com/taligentx/LiveTVH.bundle/issues !

For issues, the following logs are useful:

Comments

• ufo56ufo56 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 38 Plex Pass

Exactly what i was looking :P

• relkairelkai Members, Plex Pass Posts: 25 Plex Pass

Thanks a lot for this excellent plugin!
    Finally it's possible to watch TV again using the Plex client on IOS. :blush:

I've stumbled across the following issues (no show stoppers...just for the sake of giving feedback):

• EPG isn't displayed at all (TVH itself and also tvheadend-ng are showing EPG data)
    • Plex is always transcoding on IOS - even within the local network
    • I can't change transcoding options during playback - it just shows "original" (which just falls back to the second option) and 1080p (I only have HD channels). I've tried "pass" and "matroska" streaming profiles to avoid double transcoding (TVH + Plex). Do I need to choose another streaming profile?
  • TaligentTaligent Members, Plex Pass Posts: 52 Plex Pass

Hi @relkai,

A few questions about your environment:

• Which version of Tvheadend are you using?
    • What is your tuner source - ATSC, DVB, etc?
    • What codec is being streamed from the tuner to Tvheadend (using the pass profile) - mpeg2ts, h264, etc?
    • How many channels do you have?

EPG isn't displayed at all (TVH itself and also tvheadend-ng are showing EPG data)

I'd like to take a look at the plugin logs and a sample of the raw EPG data from Tvheadend to see what's going on here - if you get a chance, pull the following and attach as a text file/send a pastebin link/private message/etc:

• Plex: /Plex Media Server/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.plugins.livetvh.log
    • Tvheadend: http://username:password@address:port/api/epg/events/grid?start=0&limit=100

Plex is always transcoding on IOS - even within the local network

I flipped the optimized_for_streaming flag back on, see if the updated version on GitHub is still transcoding - if your source is mpeg2, Plex should always transcode to h264 for iOS, but if you're sending h264 from Tvheadend I'll need to look into setting the codec type within the plugin some other way (or removing it altogether). At the moment it's biased towards ATSC mpeg2 sources so transcoding may be getting enforced even on direct-play compatible codecs like h264.

I can't change transcoding options during playback - it just shows "original" (which just falls back to the second option) and 1080p (I only have HD channels). I've tried "pass" and "matroska" streaming profiles to avoid double transcoding (TVH + Plex). Do I need to choose another streaming profile?

Confirmed, I'll take a look and see what's causing the other bandwidths to not show up in the context menu. For the moment, the quality will need to be adjusted within Plex iOS' main quality settings.

As far as double-transcoding, Tvheadend's pass profile should be enough to skip transcoding at Tvheadend and let Plex do all of the work. Are you seeing double-transcoding with the pass profile?

Thanks for the feedback!

-Nikhil

edited May 12

Hi @Taligent ,

thanks a lot for your lightning fast response and looking into these problems.

Im using TVheadend 4.0.9 on a Gentoo server and my tuner source is DVB-C.
    The codec being used for all HD channels is h264/AAC. The very few SD channels are using mpeg2, but I barely watch them.
    I have 84 TV channels and 100+ radio channels.

I'd like to take a look at the plugin logs and a sample of the raw EPG data from Tvheadend to see what's going on here - if you get a chance, pull the following and attach as a text file/send a pastebin link/private message/etc:

You can find the full log on pastebin:
    https://pastebin.com/NPHkzDkV
    ...and here you can find the raw EPG data:
    https://pastebin.com/gc9vtvKT

I think the following line from the log file is the one you're looking for:
    2017-05-11 23:40:50,154 (7f2bb6ffd700) : WARNING (__init__:174) - Error retrieving Tvheadend EPG data: (2103, 'Data of size 7584257 is greater than the maximum size 5242880')

Is it possible to increase this limit to e.g. 10485760?

I flipped the optimized_for_streaming flag back on, see if the updated version on GitHub is still transcoding - if your source is mpeg2, Plex should always transcode to h264 for iOS, but if you're sending h264 from Tvheadend I'll need to look into setting the codec type within the plugin some other way (or removing it altogether). At the moment it's biased towards ATSC mpeg2 sources so transcoding may be getting enforced even on direct-play compatible codecs like h264.

Thank you for the updated version.
    I'll try it when I'm back at home, and let you know my results.
    Because HD streams are encoded with h264/AAC, it "should" work without transcoding.
    But if transcoding is the only way to stream the TV channels to Plex on iOS, I'm absolutely fine with it.

Confirmed, I'll take a look and see what's causing the other bandwidths to not show up in the context menu. For the moment, the quality will need to be adjusted within Plex iOS' main quality settings.

Thank you for looking into it.
    You are right: Adjusting the main quality settings works. To be honest, I didn't try this workaround.

As far as double-transcoding, Tvheadend's pass profile should be enough to skip transcoding at Tvheadend and let Plex do all of the work. Are you seeing double-transcoding with the pass profile?

No, using "pass" or "matroska" profiles prevents TVH from transcoding and it just sends the raw stream to Plex.
    So that's absolutely fine. I just wondered if using another profile would allow your plugin to list all transcoding options.

Again, thank you for all the work you put into this plugin.
    I really appreciate it!

Matt

@relkai said:
    I think the following line from the log file is the one you're looking for:
    2017-05-11 23:40:50,154 (7f2bb6ffd700) : WARNING (__init__:174) - Error retrieving Tvheadend EPG data: (2103, 'Data of size 7584257 is greater than the maximum size 5242880')

Is it possible to increase this limit to e.g. 10485760?

Perfect info, I've increased the limit to 20MB (theoretically, let's see if the framework accepts the new limit) - it'll be interesting to see how much data can be handled before performance issues crop up. See how things go using the develop branch:

https://github.com/taligentx/LiveTVH.bundle/tree/develop

I suggest disabling theTVDB/TMDB metadata lookup in the channel's preferences to see if there are any performance issues while only using Tvheadend's data.

The metadata lookup for 80 channels will take some time until the cache builds up (I also need to make sure this is skipped for audio-only sources, at the moment the radio channels will likely get looked up). If having all channels on one page consistently takes a long time, I'll see about paginating the channel list with a configurable number of channels per page.

Because HD streams are encoded with h264/AAC, it "should" work without transcoding.

I've updated the codecs in the develop branch to h264/AAC to see if iOS clients are enticed to direct play this way. Ideally, I'd like to remove the codec information entirely, but let's see what explicitly setting h264/AAC does for now since it doesn't seem to bother the clients with this setting even when the source is mpeg2ts - transcoding/direct play still gets handled correctly.

Is your Tvheadend address set to localhost or Tvheadend's LAN IP? It'll likely require the LAN IP to direct play on the local network - OpenPHT, for example, uses the Tvheadend stream URL directly for playback.

One more request if you're up for it - the output of the following would be very useful for testing and localization, as I don't have access to a large channel set or radio channels:

• http://username:password@address:port/api/channel/grid?start=0&limit=1000
    • http://username:password@address:port/api/epg/events/grid?start=0&limit=10000

You may need to zip the results and attach it here or dropbox, etc due to the EPG size.

Again, thank you for all the work you put into this plugin.
    I really appreciate it!

Thanks! It's an interesting exercise, and hope it is a useful stopgap until Plex adds in native live TV playback (hint, hint...).

-Nikhil

• tariqmirzatariqmirza Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass

Hi

I'm running plex on synology and testing it from safari browser as well as from my iPhone (ios10). LiveTVH recognises the channels I have (DVB-S) but when I try to play them, they just keep on loading (loading wheel) but never plays anything. Tried it with different TVH profiles but the same issue.

Hi @tariqmirza,

I'm running plex on synology and testing it from safari browser as well as from my iPhone (ios10). LiveTVH recognises the channels I have (DVB-S) but when I try to play them, they just keep on loading (loading wheel) but never plays anything. Tried it with different TVH profiles but the same issue.

Let's see if there's anything interesting going on in the logs - try to play a channel through any client and then attach a copy of the log after the attempt:

From the Plex data directory: /Plex Media Server/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.plugins.livetvh.log

edited May 12

Hi @Taligent Attached log files

@tariqmirza said:
    Hi @Taligent Attached log files

Are you seeing the same issue with clients that can direct play the stream instead of transcoding (OpenPHT, Plex Media Player)? The logs show that the stream is successfully checked for availability and no other errors - I suggest using OpenPHT/PMP and pulling the OpenPHT/PMP client logs after trying to play a stream to see if there is a useful error message about playback.

edited May 13

Perfect info, I've increased the limit to 20MB (theoretically, let's see if the framework accepts the new limit) - it'll be interesting to see how much data can be handled before performance issues crop up. See how things go using the develop branch:

I just tried the development branch and it's still not fetching EPG data from TVH, but now with another error in the logs:
    2017-05-13 02:01:09,210 (7f640b467700) : DEBUG (networking:161) - Fetching 'http://localhost:9981/api/channel/grid?start=0&limit=1000' from the HTTP cache 2017-05-13 02:01:09,295 (7f640b467700) : DEBUG (networking:161) - Fetching 'http://localhost:9981/api/epg/events/grid?start=0&limit=10000' from the HTTP cache 2017-05-13 02:01:09,335 (7f640b467700) : WARNING (data:179) - Error decoding with simplejson, using demjson instead (this will cause a performance hit) - Invalid control character '\x1a' at: line 1 column 1649608 (char 1649607) 2017-05-13 02:01:10,162 (7f640b467700) : WARNING (__init__:182) - Error retrieving Tvheadend EPG data: Request() got an unexpected keyword argument 'max_size'

I suggest disabling theTVDB/TMDB metadata lookup in the channel's preferences to see if there are any performance issues while only using Tvheadend's data.

Sure, I've disabled the metadata lookup for future tests, now.

The metadata lookup for 80 channels will take some time until the cache builds up (I also need to make sure this is skipped for audio-only sources, at the moment the radio channels will likely get looked up). If having all channels on one page consistently takes a long time, I'll see about paginating the channel list with a configurable number of channels per page.

As soon as EPG starts working I'll keep an eye on the loading times and report it to you.

I've updated the codecs in the develop branch to h264/AAC to see if iOS clients are enticed to direct play this way. Ideally, I'd like to remove the codec information entirely, but let's see what explicitly setting h264/AAC does for now since it doesn't seem to bother the clients with this setting even when the source is mpeg2ts - transcoding/direct play still gets handled correctly.

I just tried to play a stream on iOS and it's still transcoding.
    Because it takes about 50% of my server's CPU, it's really not a big deal - at least for me.
    I assume @tariqmirza 's problem is also transcoding related. If it's not a Synology "play" model, this NAS is most likely too weak to transcode the stream. That's the reason, why I moved Plex from my Synology to a Core i7 server.

Is your Tvheadend address set to localhost or Tvheadend's LAN IP? It'll likely require the LAN IP to direct play on the local network - OpenPHT, for example, uses the Tvheadend stream URL directly for playback.

It was set to localhost, but changing it to the LAN IP also didn't force it to direct play.

One more request if you're up for it - the output of the following would be very useful for testing and localization, as I don't have access to a large channel set or radio channels:

• http://username:password@address:port/api/channel/grid?start=0&limit=1000
    • http://username:password@address:port/api/epg/events/grid?start=0&limit=10000

You may need to zip the results and attach it here or dropbox, etc due to the EPG size.

It was less data than expected. You can download it from my dropbox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohwvl0hbqk3lvmd/tvh_wget.zip?dl=0

Thanks! It's an interesting exercise, and hope it is a useful stopgap until Plex adds in native live TV playback (hint, hint...).

I also hope for a better Plex integration in the future and already have tvhproxy running on my server. I'm still not sure if I like the non-timeline display the Plex developers implemented. Also having a better integration of devices and servers other than HDHR would be great. At the moment all my recordings are still done within TVH for a better Kodi compatibility, but Plex DVR needs its own recording repository for now. It would be better if Plex could directly use TVH's recording functions instead. But this wont ever happen if they are only supporting HDHR devices.

Hi @Taligent

I downloaded OpenPHT and tested it and LiveTVH works fine. On Plex it just won't work.

Hi Matt,

@relkai said:
    I just tried the development branch and it's still not fetching EPG data from TVH, but now with another error in the logs:

The hard set EPG limit wasn't my favorite approach so I've wiped it out and LiveTVH (in the develop branch) now only requests the estimated number of EPG items necessary for the number of hours of EPG data set in the preferences and caching - there's no reason to collect several days' worth of EPG info if only a few hours will be displayed.

There is some lag if the EPG is huge so the data size is now limited to 10MB, and the requested number of EPG items will be automatically reduced if it goes over that limit. Realistically that should be enough for at least 200 channels displays 12 hours of EPG data, which would be quite a busy display on most Plex clients!

Let's see if this works, hopefully that should take care of the EPG as far as data size - remaining to be seen are any locale/character encoding issues.

I just tried to play a stream on iOS and it's still transcoding.
    Because it takes about 50% of my server's CPU, it's really not a big deal - at least for me.

For now, direct play on iOS will go on the wishlist - I'll take a look at the iOS client logs but I have a feeling that the client may want to see some more data on the stream (resolution, bitrate, etc) before deciding to direct play, which Tvheadend cannot provide AFAIK.

I assume @tariqmirza 's problem is also transcoding related. If it's not a Synology "play" model, this NAS is most likely too weak to transcode the stream. That's the reason, why I moved Plex from my Synology to a Core i7 server.

Agreed.

It was less data than expected. You can download it from my dropbox:

With wget you'll need to use double quotes around the URL, otherwise the & towards the end of the URL gets interpreted and wget forks into the background and the limit parameter gets cut out, at which point Tvheadend only sends 50 items as a default. If you don't mind grabbing the data again it'd be much appreciated!

wget "http://username:password@address:port/api/channel/grid?start=0&limit=1000"
    wget "http://username:password@address:port/api/epg/events/grid?start=0&limit=10000"

At the moment all my recordings are still done within TVH for a better Kodi compatibility, but Plex DVR needs its own recording repository for now. It would be better if Plex could directly use TVH's recording functions instead. But this wont ever happen if they are only supporting HDHR devices.

That would be a nice setup, Tvheadend has been around for quite a while and driven by user's needs so it'll be interesting to see which direction Plex takes with DVR and live TV. Anyway if there's a lot of demand for accessing Tvheadend recordings within the plugin, it's not difficult to add - I was just hoping that Plex DVR would reach a usable state for most users.

Thanks for the feedback as always,
    Nikhil

Hi @tariqmirza,

I downloaded OpenPHT and tested it and LiveTVH works fine. On Plex it just won't work.

Great to hear that it's working for you on OpenPHT - that should be direct playing the channels from Tvheadend without needing the Synology to transcode.

Does transcoding work on your Synology with other items in your library? As @relkai mentioned, not all NAS' have a suitable processor for transcoding, which is required on the Plex Web and iOS clients.

Hi Nikhil,

Let's see if this works, hopefully that should take care of the EPG as far as data size - remaining to be seen are any locale/character encoding issues.

Thank you so much! This did the trick and EPG data is displayed for all channels, now.
    Accessing the channel list took about 2-3 seconds, though I have a lot of channels...so nothing to worry about.
    Character encoding also doesn't seem to be a problem. All characters like ä,ö,ü,ß are displayed correctly.
    Because my whole server uses an UTF-8 locale, this seems to be already fixed on the OS level. Maybe this is still an issue when another locale is used (e.g. iso8859-15) or Plex server is installed on Windows.
    Because I was curious, I also switched on metadata fetching from TVDB and TMDB, but the channel ran into a timeout after about 20 seconds ("This channel does not respond").
    But having only the channel icons with full EPG data is all I need. If I want more eye candy, I'll just fire up Plex DVR.

For now, direct play on iOS will go on the wishlist - I'll take a look at the iOS client logs but I have a feeling that the client may want to see some more data on the stream (resolution, bitrate, etc) before deciding to direct play, which Tvheadend cannot provide AFAIK.

I absolutely agree. Don't try to fix something, which isn't directly a problem of your plugin.

With wget you'll need to use double quotes around the URL, otherwise the & towards the end of the URL gets interpreted and wget forks into the background and the limit parameter gets cut out, at which point Tvheadend only sends 50 items as a default. If you don't mind grabbing the data again it'd be much appreciated!

Uuuuh...excuse me, maybe it was too late yesterday. I was a bit confused for a second, because wget went into the background and started to write its screen output into a log file. Because it did fetch something from TVH, I thought everything was fine.
    Using double quotes indeed was the solution and the file is much bigger, now:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxvu9b5152y2edk/tvh_wget_quotes-are-my-friend.zip?dl=0

That would be a nice setup, Tvheadend has been around for quite a while and driven by user's needs so it'll be interesting to see which direction Plex takes with DVR and live TV. Anyway if there's a lot of demand for accessing Tvheadend recordings within the plugin, it's not difficult to add - I was just hoping that Plex DVR would reach a usable state for most users.

Hopefully they are picking up some ideas from their users and start supporting TVH natively.
    On the other hand it's still beta, and maybe it's already on their roadmap.
    Adding recordings to your plugin would be a nice addition, but for me not absolutely necessary.
    Interestingly I can still watch recordings using Tvheadend-ng on iOS - only live tv stopped working. Therefore, if I really want to watch a recording, I can still switch to this plugin.

Cheers,
    Matt

@Taligent said:
    Hi @tariqmirza,

Great to hear that it's working for you on OpenPHT - that should be direct playing the channels from Tvheadend without needing the Synology to transcode.

Does transcoding work on your Synology with other items in your library? As @relkai mentioned, not all NAS' have a suitable processor for transcoding, which is required on the Plex Web and iOS clients.

Yeah my Synology 716+II has the transcoding capability. When "TVH next generation" channel was working I was able to stream channels fine. So not sure what could be the problem!

edited May 15

LiveTVH 1.1 released, original post updated.

@relkai said:
    2017-05-13 02:01:09,295 (7f640b467700) : DEBUG (networking:161) - Fetching 'http://localhost:9981/api/epg/events/grid?start=0&limit=10000' from the HTTP cache
    2017-05-13 02:01:09,335 (7f640b467700) : WARNING (data:179) - Error decoding with simplejson, using demjson instead (this will cause a performance hit) - Invalid control character '\x1a' at: line 1 column 1649608 (char 1649607)

This ended up being an interesting issue - somehow the EPG data you sent contained a ^Z (escape) character and Plex was having none of that, so the EPG is now being cleansed of a few basic control characters before it gets parsed - this fix is in the 1.1 release. Thanks for the EPG data, never would have seen that otherwise - it's bizarre.

@tariqmirza said:

Yeah my Synology 716+II has the transcoding capability. When "TVH next generation" channel was working I was able to stream channels fine. So not sure what could be the problem!

Nice, that's good info. There is a difference between LiveTVH and Tvheadend-ng in how the stream URL is sent to the client, I previously setup a super simple plugin for testing that may be useful to debug this (it puts the username and password with URL in the XML file like Tvheadend-ng) - I'll see if it's still usable.

First though, it'd be good to see what the client logs are saying if you'd like to take a further look at the issue - try playing a channel through Plex Web with the 1.1 release and grab the debug logs after it times out:
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201611836-Plex-Web-App-Logs
    Edit - also the LiveTVH log.

Thanks!
    -Nikhil

edited May 15

This ended up being an interesting issue - somehow the EPG data you sent contained a ^Z (escape) character and Plex was having none of that, so the EPG is now being cleansed of a few basic control characters before it gets parsed - this fix is in the 1.1 release. Thanks for the EPG data, never would have seen that otherwise - it's bizarre.

That's really strange.
    I can guarantee that it's not a typical german character. ;)
    I'm using a mix of EIT and xmltv data. Sometimes the xmltv source is using a wrong character encoding for single entries. It seems to be the problem you're seeing in the data I sent you.
    Great to hear, you are trying to clean the data before parsing it, though this problem doesn't seem to be directly caused by your plugin.
    I tried the new version 1.1 and everything still seems to be working without problems. EPG data is available and streaming to iOS still works.
    Thank you very much for your continous and restless support!

• neuromanteneuromante Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

hello, all
    has anyone of you installed the Live.TVH channel on Plex version 1.5.3.xxx running on Synology DSM 6.0 (i have a DVB-T usb tuner)?
    Can someone confirm that using the Plex app on a Samsung Smart TV viewing the channels is still possible?

I would like not to upgrade to latest Plex version and find that streaming channels would not be possible anymore.

At the moment I am running Plex version 0.9.15.6.1714-be11e1 on Synology DSM 6.0, DS1815+ and plugin LiveTVH 1.1 is working like a charm. I can confirm I also can view channels on my iphone (plex for iOS 10)

thank you!

G

edited May 17

@neuromante said:
    has anyone of you installed the Live.TVH channel on Plex version 1.5.3.xxx running on Synology DSM 6.0 (i have a DVB-T usb tuner)?
    Can someone confirm that using the Plex app on a Samsung Smart TV viewing the channels is still possible?

I have Plex version 1.6.1.3722 installed on a Linux server, and everything is working without problems (Samsung TV and iOS).
    I can't say much about running it on a Synology, but @tariqmirza had problems on his DS716+II, though it should be powerful enough for transcoding. If you don't miss any function from a newer Plex version, I would suggest to wait a bit more, until the remaining Synology problems are fixed.

• rioreal2rioreal2 Members Posts: 6

Hi @Taligent
    Thanks a lot for this extremely useful plug-in, I’ve been waiting for it time ago!

I just installed it on a Synology 916+ running DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2, Plex Server 1.5.5 and Tvheadend 4.3.28042017
    The signal I am trying to watch is IPTV live stream that comes in a MPEG-TS container from the Spanish provider Movistar+. I tried from different clients like web (Chrome), DLNA (from a TV and WDTV Live) and IOS in local network and in all of them the signal is being transcoded.

I configured play quality ORIGINAL in local network in all of the clients but it is transcoding anyway. Is this the normal behaviour or is there any way to avoid transcoding? Unfortunately, HD channels are unplayable due to CPU limitations. The plug-in is configured with pass profile which is properly configured at TVH.

As for the rest it works great showing EPG with no issues. Just one ramdom issue when using web client that shows the message "channel is not responding".

Thanks for the feedback!