Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to connect to content server Qnap+Plex+Samsung UN65JU7500FXZA (2015)

Hi there, I have a new Qnap 453a server with Plex client on my Samsung N65JU7500FXZA (2015.). When selecting movies, I can occasionally get them to play after a several tries, but for the most part I am getting the "cannot connect to content server" message.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled on Qnap, laptop, and the TV multiple times as well as removed and created new libraries. The movie's have been self encoded and play via a borrowed Roku without any issue. I have beat the forums here and on the net to death looking for answers to no avail. My boyfriend and I are both experiencing the same issues, with the exact same equipment, except that he has a personal router and modem. We are both Plex Pro users as well. I can send error logs if need be, but am not sure how to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Internet connection: Comcast Modem/Router: Arris TG1682G; 100mbps
Server:
Qnap TS- 453a
Direct Ethernet Connection
Plex Version 1.6.1.3722

TV:
Samsung
Model: UN65JU7500FXZA (2015)
Plex Version: 2.008
Use Secure Connections Disabled
Initial Buffer: Auto
Pending Buffer: Auto
Total Buffer: Auto
Playbac Mode: Auto

Computer:
Plex for Windows
Version: 1.6.1.3722-4955e31cf

Media:
MP4 Container
Video Codec H264
Audio Codec: AAC - 5.1 Multi Channel

Plex Settings:
Everything is at Default except DLNA Server enabled
Secured Connection: Preferred

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,161 Plex Ninja

Your server might have a wrong profile file installed, look here for a possible solution.
    Information on how to create a logfile can be found here.