If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I have moved location and now my plex server (on freenas) is no longer detecting ip address

redonyxredonyx Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,
I am a complete noob, so apologies if this seems like a simple fix. I recently moved house and now my plex apps will not connect to my server (server is on my FREENAS)... Servers says remote access enabled but says unknown private ip address and unknown public address. However I access the server though a local ip address which i would assume is private.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Answers

• ValdhorValdhor Posts: 502Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sign out of Plex on the server and sign back in again (That way Plex knows how to contact your Plex server). Make sure your router is set to port forward to your server. Then sign out and back in on your client(s). A client contacts Plex to find out where your server is and then connects to it.

That should do it.