We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Thursday, June 22 (05:00 GMT, June 23). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/w98nwqyk43pv
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Video is skipping ahead

ArniedukeArnieduke Members Posts: 1

Running Plex 3.2.1 and OpenPHT 1.8.0.0git on a Qnap TS-451+ and I'm viewing a video file through the Qnap's HDMI output. Multiple times during the video it stops and then skips ahead several minutes. If I rewind it does the exact same thing at the same point in the video. I tried changing the video playback settings and given the nature of the bug it seems to me it is not in any way hardware or resource related, otherwise it would not be so easily reproducible. This is not the only file this happens with and I'm at a loss with all the video options. I played with them already, but so far nothing seems to have an impact on the glitch.

Interesting enough if I go into Plex Media Server web app and play the video from there, the exact same thing happens. Does this make it a Plex Server issue?

Is there anyone who has experienced this AND been able to fix it?

Answers

• daniel.culldaniel.cull Members, Plex Pass Posts: 286 Plex Pass

if you have the same issue with plexweb, then yea its a Plex Server issue or issue with your files etc