If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Photos Saving and Sharing on Android app is not working !!!

msaithanmsaithan Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited May 2017 in Android (mobile)

Nexus 6P
Latest Plex version

If I select "Save" I get a message that says "successfully saved image", but when I go the the Plex folder in my gallery on the phone, I just get a grey image with zero byte size image

it only works through WIFI in the same netowrk but not cellular data or wifi outside the network

cannot save and cannot share ?? WTH are we paying for plex pass and wasting money for such crap
many users are having the same issue ,, have you ever thought of fixing it PLEX !!

this is so annoying :)

Tagged:

Answers

• msaithanmsaithan Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

anyone .. any updates?

where are the support team !! this is rediculous

• hshahhshah Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here... anyone have an update?

I think its fixed with the newer version of the apps

• GlaiveGlaive Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@msaithan said:
    I think its fixed with the newer version of the apps

I'm on the latest version as of today 5th Jan 2017 (version 6.11.3.3147) and I'm having the same issue, cannot share it returns an error message that says "The file you picked was no ta photo" even though it's a .jpg file and when I try to save it and view it in gallery I get a grey screen that cannot view the photo in my gallery (see attached screenshots)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• plexjarodplexjarod Posts: 3Members

Any update on this issue? I experience the same thing .. browse to photos in the Android app, select desired photo, select the options menu (three vertical dots), select save and only a 0 (zero) byte 'file' is saved.

My setup:
    Plex Media Server for Windows version 1.11.0.4666-fc63598ba
    Plex Android app version 6.11.3.3147 (bb34b27a)