Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to get Sonos at Music destination when playing a Movie

magicrensonmagicrenson Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I´ve bought a Sonos, because i read the following article:

https://www.plex.tv/apps/streaming-devices/sonos/

It says : "Support for all file types (well, virtually all), including hi-fi music and video formats."

Either at the Sonos or the Plex app i found any way to let my movies run and let sonos play the sound of it.

If this feature doesnt work, i just can say: "well done, pushing a customer (plex premium and sonos) into a direction to buy anything and doesnt get the full feature set what is promised"!

Answers

• wwwizzarrdrywwwizzarrdry Members, Plex Pass Posts: 186 Plex Pass
    edited May 13

RTFM.

I assume you don't have the correct Sonos gear required for what you're describing. I use Sonos with Plex every day.

Minimum Requirements:
    1 Sonos Playbar/Playbase

Recommend:
    1 Sonos Playbar,
    1 Sonos Sub,
    4 Sonos Play:1

*Alternatively​
    2 Sonos Play:5 (stereo),
    2 Sonos Play:1 (stereo),
    1 Sonos Sub,
    1 Chromecast Audio (play;5 left) ♦,
    1 AUX cable (play:5 right) ♣

♦ Chromecast Audio because it beats the hell out of using that horrible Sonos controller... And because now you can cast to Sonos from all your Plex apps.
    ♣ Use the aux from your tv, receiver, computer, etc to your Play:5 and setup AutoPlay in the Sonos co troller for that speaker. If you can tolerate an additional 70ms of voice to video lag...