We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Thursday, June 22 (05:00 GMT, June 23). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/w98nwqyk43pv
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

difference between this and Kodi - Match frame rate and passthrough audio

tjcinnamontjcinnamon Members, Plex Pass Posts: 34 Plex Pass

So with Kodi if you match the source with the framerate then it will not allow passthrough audio due to sync issues. For example instead of sending Dolby to the receiver it'll send a Stereo Signal.

With MPC-HC and MadVR this is remedied with Reclock. OpenPHT does not have this limitation. Is there any reason why?

P.S. I love OpenPHT. The ability to cache is amazing and the picture quality appears to be better for some reason. It improves Plex by a huge margin.

Tagged:

Answers

• gbooker02gbooker02 Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 542 Plex Employee

The audio/video can still lose sync, but since it is rare it is up to you to try it for yourself. Personally, I had passthrough and framerate matching both on for well over a year without noticing a sync issue.

• tjcinnamontjcinnamon Members, Plex Pass Posts: 34 Plex Pass

I did last night watching Billions. I'll check and see fps relative to my region (LG B6 USA)