Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Watched status not saving

mau47mau47 Posts: 11 Plex Pass

I am having an issue where certain programs won't save their watched status from the Apple TV. They will be marked as watched and then an hour or two later I noticed they are back to unwatched. I have tried manually marking shows as watched within the app and it does the same thing. It seems to stick (so far) if I set them as watched manually from the server.

tvOS 10.2
Plex App 1.10
Plex Server 1.6.1.3722

Answers

• Malcolm ClarkMalcolm Clark Posts: 121 Plex Pass

So last Saturday I posted about the screensaver coming on, and tonight I have a problem like the one posted above.

Why does it always happen when I watch something with my wife?

Anyway, we were watching a movie and both times that I paused and went to restart, it went back to the beginning!

The first time I was able to 'fast forward' and then restart the movie. But for about a minute or so it would play 5 - 10 seconds and then stutter momentarily. But after that, it played ok.

The second time it paused, again it went back to the start - I fast forwarded, and then it stuttered as the time before, but never stopped stuttering.

Eventually I bowed to the inevitable and faced the humiliation of having to go upstairs to find the DVD so we could watch the end of the movie!

I can post more details if necessary, but the movie was nothing special - an average mp4 - not hi res. I have a dedicated server with an i5 processor, so more than enough power.

Wait a minute, there was one thing unusual about this movie - it was mono - I don't know if that helps?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Best wishes
    Malcolm

• mau47mau47 Posts: 11 Plex Pass

Just to update here, even marking as watched on the server doesn't save, it just took a while longer to revert the watched status.