Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Will PMS ever allow Plex data on adopted storage?

paulblueskiespaulblueskies Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass
edited May 16 in NVIDIA SHIELD

OK, so in my naivety I assumed when I added a fast USB3 HDD to the Shield, formatted it as internal storage, and migrated all data over to it, that the PMS data would go with it. I have the 16GB model, about 1,400 movies and somewhere around 5,000 TV show episodes. The only files that PMS will place on the adopted storage are logs and database backups as well as PVR recordings but the database itself and all of the images it refuses to move, and last night it was using 8.65GB of the 11GB shared internal storage and the Shield was complaining about running out of room. I have switched off some screenshots and got the PMS usage down to 8.25GB, but if I add more content I'm just going to be back in a hard place.

And don't go telling me I should have purchased the Pro edition - really hard to source here in Australia!

Is there any chance PMS will allow its data to be migrated to adopted storage on the Shield? Pretty please! :-)

Thanks and Blueskies, Paul

Answers

• xEtherealxxEtherealx Members Posts: 32 ✭✭

Same boat, and I really need a fix. My 16Gb partition fills up immediately if I scan my entire library and this just adds to a long list of things that don't seem to work in Android TV.

• paulblueskiespaulblueskies Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

So now I cannot even download the PMS update because there is not sufficient storage space! I have 2TB drive formatted as Internal Storage and I cannot download an app update!

So again I ask the Plex employees, is there anyway to configure PMS to not use the Shared Internal Storage for its assets and instead migrate them to adopted Internal Storage? Now or in the future?

To the general audience, is there anyway to do this outside of PMS? Symbolic links or such?

Thanks and Blueskies, Paul

• xEtherealxxEtherealx Members Posts: 32 ✭✭

You could root and symlink of course, but Plex should just fix this.