Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

TV Show Episode Titles Gone?

talonheadtalonhead Members, Plex Pass Posts: 22 Plex Pass

I recently had to wipe my machine and re-load all my programs. When I re-did Plex and setup my media server, and when it was loading all the meta data and whatnot for all my TV shows in the library, it did everything just fine EXCEPT the fact that all the show's episode titles were merely labelled with " Season "x" Disk "x". No Episode titles in place of show titles. :(

Rather than going through hundreds of TV shows I have setup with Plex and re-do the Episode titles by hand for each and every show, how can I get it to load the REAL show episode titles by itself like it should? I figure if the TV database that Plex draws from has all the episode titles listed, why wouldn't Plex pick that up as well? Thanks for the time.

Best Answer

Answers

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15

@talonhead said:
    I recently had to wipe my machine and re-load all my programs. When I re-did Plex and setup my media server, and when it was loading all the meta data and whatnot for all my TV shows in the library, it did everything just fine EXCEPT the fact that all the show's episode titles were merely labelled with " Season "x" Disk "x". No Episode titles in place of show titles. :(

Rather than going through hundreds of TV shows I have setup with Plex and re-do the Episode titles by hand for each and every show, how can I get it to load the REAL show episode titles by itself like it should? I figure if the TV database that Plex draws from has all the episode titles listed, why wouldn't Plex pick that up as well? Thanks for the time.

Can you give a example of how you have named the file structure of your shows, season, episodes

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• talonheadtalonhead Members, Plex Pass Posts: 22 Plex Pass

Sure. As follows:

TV Shows/Show Title/Season 1/Show Title - S01E01
    and so on...

I have all my TV Shows patterned as such. Plex library is "TV Shows" all pointing to a file folder named "TV Shows" on the HDD.

I hope this helps. Anything else, let me know.

I would definitely move/drag Local Media assets towards the bottom and update your Libraries

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

To add a screenshot to the discussion just save as jpeg with using Export in File menu of Preview App and drag + hover jpeg file over far left of discussion toolbar and release.

I have no issue with Episode Titles as per attachment below.

Where can I update manually? Ever since the latest update, I havent been digging the changes.

@talonhead said:
    Where can I update manually? Ever since the latest update, I havent been digging the changes.

https://plex.tv/downloads

Change the plex channel to "Public" first so you can roll back to releases for ALL

I have no clue what you just said. Screenshot that please

edited May 15

Ok then, as attachment below

What is this exactly doing? Mine is set to Plex Pass...as it should.

edited May 15

@talonhead said:
    What is this exactly doing? Mine is set to Plex Pass...as it should.

well you said you wanted to change your version back, so this will stop it doing so and allow to change

So you're saying changing it to "public" somehow rolls it back to a different software version? I don't get that at all. You still didn't tell me where I can manually update the library to see if your order idea is going to work?

I figured it out. It worked. Appreciate the help on that. Saved me a lot of work.

@talonhead said:
    So you're saying changing it to "public" somehow rolls it back to a different software version? I don't get that at all. You still didn't tell me where I can manually update the library to see if your order idea is going to work?

Well i have no problem with names of Eps,

Cheers