Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Force public IP behind dual Internet connection

stelarianstelarian Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I have 2 Internet connections from 2 different ISPs with 2 real IPs. As you can imagine, the primary is the fast and the secondary a slower that serves as backup. All under a Cisco RV320 router working in load balance mode giving 70% priority to the fast ISP. Opening a port for Plex, opens in both IPs. I add the preferred IP to Settings/Server/Network/Custom server access URLs as http://200.100.200.100 (example). After reboot I see on Remote Access that IP as Public one. However, at some random point the IP change to the one for the slower connection.

The only way I find to force Plex use the fast IP is be reboot the server (Debian). This is quite annoying. Is there an other better way?

Thank you...

Tagged:

Best Answers

• stelarianstelarian Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited May 15 Accepted Answer

@Gdr56 said:
    WAN IP addresses are Static? Your LAN device IP's Static?

All WAN and Plex's IP are static. No DHCP for those.

Answers

edited May 15 Accepted Answer

@Gdr56 said:
    WAN IP addresses are Static? Your LAN device IP's Static?

All WAN and Plex's IP are static. No DHCP for those.

OK. Found the way. Here's the thing for Cisco RV320 (firmware:1.2.1.14):

• From Setup/Forwarding/Service Management add a new TCP service for Plex with range 32400 to 32400 then click Save.
    • From Setup/Forwarding add the new service we create to forward in the LAN IP your Plex server is running.
    • Now go to Firewall/Access Rules and add a rule. Action:Deny, Service:Plex (the one you create a little ago), Source Interface:WANx (where x is the WAN you DON'T want to access your Plex server), Source:Any, Destination:Any, Time:Always.

Hope this will help someone with similar issue out there :)