Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Apple TV reports "Can't Playback because the connection with your server was lost"

shambogshambog Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I have a Mac mini running PLEX on a local area network. I have my Apple TV's connected via physical ethernet cables to a switching hub. Everything seems to work fine however when I play a Playlist or do a Shuffle Videos I get an error of "Can't continue playback because the connection with your server was lost". I have 4 Apple TV's and it happens on all of them.
Please help! I need to create a media server that works without a internet connection for a trade show.

Tagged:

Answers

• bonz1999bonz1999 Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I am having the same exact problem. I'm watching a movie from PLEX and it keeps saying that there is No Network even though it is wired to the network and I have good internet speed.

• harveen.sainiharveen.saini Posts: 1

i am running plexmedia server from my macbook and after 5 mins of playback get the error can't playback because the connection with your server was lost. Earlier there was no issues at all. i assume the new update is causing the problem.