Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Casting and watching media to its end doesn't mark it as watched

bouncy99bouncy99 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

As the question says, I have found that casting to my chromecast fro my Samsung s7, using either my windows server, or Android phone as the server does not result in the media being displaying as being watched. Is it just me?

Answers

• BigWheelBigWheel Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,747 Plex Employee

it is working fine here. is this synced content?

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files
  • jtr165jtr165 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭

Can you resume content from last position on your chromecast?

There are a few other threads mentioning this problem, but with more issues attached to it. In late April plex would basically crash after 30 or so minutes of casting content. In my case, I could disconnect the plex app from the CC and reconnect, then start casting again, but whatever I relaunched would start from the beginning.

When I finished a movie or w/e, it wouldn't mark it as watched, and would often have a completely random time tag attached. Still having the problem.

A current work around for some of us has been using an audio track that is not AAC, or forcing plex in some way to transcode to the CC. It seems that Direct Play to a chromecast is messed up right now, and i've seen no official word on which side the problem is coming from (google or plex, i mean).

• BigWheelBigWheel Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,747 Plex Employee

@jtr165 said:
    It seems that Direct Play to a chromecast is messed up right now, and i've seen no official word on which side the problem is coming from (google or plex, i mean).

We know there is an issue with things sometimes starting from beginning when casted to chromecast which may be related but unsure. Will make a report to test direct play with AAC audio.

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files
  • bouncy99bouncy99 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

@BigWheel said:
    it is working fine here. is this synced content?

Yes, this I synced content. But even if I watch synced counted on the phone or tablet, it still gets marked as watches, or can be resumed from any device correctly, its only when using chromecast that things do not appear to resume properly, or mark things as watched after they have completed playing.