Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is there a reason why videos in the Watch Later section will not play?

LiLSaInT0925LiLSaInT0925 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Hi my name is Nico,

I am running Plex Media Server v1.6.1.3722 and I am still having this issue with videos in the Watch Later section not being able to play through the web app. I can watch them on mobile and chromecast them but I am unable to watch them through the web app. This has been an ongoing issue since the previous version of Plex media server.

Hope you guys can fix this.

Thank you,
Nico

Tagged:

Answers

• jhoward15jhoward15 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass

Same here with the latest version of Chrome on a Chromebook - playing videos from Youtube via Watch Later just sit with a spinning circle like it's trying to buffer them.

• jhoward15jhoward15 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass

Apparently other browsers do work

• donyzzdonyzz Members Posts: 150 ✭✭

Doesn't work in any browser for me. Nearly 4 months and this problem still hasn't been resolved. It's like the plex devs don't use this feature.

• arphahatarphahat Members Posts: 1

I'm also having this issue. Any updates?

• bandman1967bandman1967 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I was finally able to get permissions established to record yesterday. Now when I use the watch drop down there is NO playback button. In the past I had great success with mythtv in recording and watching live tv and am wondering what I need to do to get the live tv working?