Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Nougat multi-window not working?

j.allansloperj.allansloper Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Whenever I try to use nougat's multi-window feature, Plex will start to play but as soon as I touch the other window the Plex video stops immediately.

Does anyone else find this?

I'm on OnePlus 3. I really wish this worked.

Answers

• jens.bergqvistjens.bergqvist Members, Plex Pass Posts: 25 Plex Pass

I suppose this happens because Plex automatically stops playback when the app loses focus. It would be really nice if Plex allowed videos to continue to play in the background.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,274 Plex Pass

AFAIK, Plex does not support multi-window operation on an Android device. I don't know if it's on their "to-do" list. You could search the requests board and see if it's been requested - if not, make a request; if so, add a like to the original post to get it a +1.

Android O now allows (only with youtube at this point) a small, movable window that stays on top of everything else. It would be nice for Plex to do this once a stable O is released.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.8.0 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision