If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Still crashing. Please help.

AndruAAndruA Posts: 7Members Plex Pass

Plex Server will not stay running on:

iMac (2011) with upgraded 8GB of RAM

Can anyone please help and suggest something other than updating the OS. Mavericks should be sufficient.

Answers

• SE56SE56 Posts: 1,688Members ✭✭✭✭

@AndruA said:
    Plex Server will not stay running on:

iMac (2011) with upgraded 8GB of RAM

Can anyone please help and suggest something other than updating the OS. Mavericks should be sufficient.

which PMS are you trying to use?

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• AndruAAndruA Posts: 7Members Plex Pass

I am using the current version, 1.6.1. I just also just did a complete fresh reinstall of my OS and the same problem is happening.

• SE56SE56 Posts: 1,688Members ✭✭✭✭

@AndruA said:
    I am using the current version, 1.6.1. I just also just did a complete fresh reinstall of my OS and the same problem is happening.

Sorry to say it looks like PMS has been optimized for Sierra, you could try rolling back to public channel and Download the previous PMS

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

So PMS is officially incompatible with any Mac OS below 10.12?

Here is my latest crash log:

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,324Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@AndruA said:
    So PMS is officially incompatible with any Mac OS below 10.12?

No, it's 10.9 and up.

https://forums.plex.tv/categories/plex-media-server-preview-releases

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.8.0 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,324Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Can you turn off verbose logging? Until a dev/ninja requests it, it just makes for larger log files and makes finding/tracing a bit harder. Also, those are standard logs - the next time it crashes, follow these instructions to get the crash logs:

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201455336-Crash-Logs-Plex-Media-Server

The logs get uploaded to Plex automatically, but only official Plex support staff can get to those.

Where are my log files?

Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

Do you have any plugins installed?

Where are my log files?

• rollcamerarollcamera Posts: 11Members ✭✭

I am having this same problem on an iMac running 10.9.5. Can't get Plex to stay running for more than 3 to 5 minutes... Looking for version 1.5.1, or some sort of solution.