Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Camera upload rename photos

KarexKarex Posts: 1 Plex Pass
in iOS

Hello, I don't know when, but plex started to rename my photos during camera upload to yyyy-mm-dd hh.mm.ss.JPG. Is it a new feature or my mistake? Is it possible to change the format of the saved name? Or, keep the original name at the end? Thanks, Karel

Answers

• ASiDiEASiDiE Posts: 21 Plex Pass

This started with the 12/19 Update. I honestly wish it would go back and do the rest with the same name format. I show it went from IMG_XXXX.jpg to 2016-12-19 18:23:23.jpg on that day. I think it was in the release notes.

• ju911ju911 Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Completely agree, would be great if we could rename all photos previously uploaded with date stamp names.
    Additionally, we now need to get rid of duplicates, as we now have the same photos with different names.

• cajunjoelcajunjoel Posts: 2 Plex Pass

There are some tools to rename photos based on the date taken in the EXIF data. If it's smart enough to not create duplicates, they will be easy enough to find after renaming. Just do a google search for rename photos based on date taken

(I'm currently looking into this for all of my old photos that weren't synced from my phone to plex.)