If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

install new skin for plex

miky91miky91 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

hello, i wish to install a new skin for plex. Can anyone help me please.

I'm running the current version 1.5.5.3634

Answers

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,232Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

1.5.5.3634 sounds like the version of Plex Media Server, which is just a server therefore non skinnable. And the web interface is non skinnable too, you can tweak it with addons like Stylish but there's no skinning system for that.

You can skin the clients, to different degrees:

• Plex Home Theater is discontinued but it still has some skns
    • OpenPHT is the community driven substitute of PHT and has some skins officially, you just install them from the settings interface, and you can also try some PHT skins but not every one will work
    • Plex Media Player is the official Plex client and is non skinnable
    • PlexKodiConnect is an addon for Kodi, once installed you can use any skin for Kodi to customize the look and feel
    • PleXBMC is another plugin for Kodi that require some compatible Kodi skin to be skinned.

Hope this helps :)