Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PLEX doesn't want to play any files with 5.1 and I cannot find anywhere in the PLEX app to resolve

douglerreaddouglerread Members Posts: 1

Hi,

I recently uploaded some files to my PLEX media server. The files are all in .MP4 format and ALL play absolutely fine when using Quicktime so i'm sure there are no media issues in that sense.

However, PLEX cannot play them and i've noticed that the common factor with the problematic files is that they're all 5.1.

I've had a look on the internet for guidance on how to configure PLEX to allow these files to run and i'm advised that if I go to 'Settings > Audio' then I will be able to set these, but the issue is I don't have a 'Settings > Audio' option and I cannot find anywhere to make the changes needed.

Can anybody advise please?

Regards,

Doug.

Answers

• eckartheckarth Members, Plex Pass Posts: 447 Plex Pass

From you posting it remains unclear on which environment you run you server and what client you are using. Can you please specify server OS and hardware, PMS version, client hardware and software used and their respective versions.