Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex won't connect to Media Server

under servers I can see the server that I want to connect to, but it is grayed out and when I select edit it says that the server is unauthorized. I attempted to use the chrome app and it said that it can not find a server. I selected to allow unsecure connections on both apps and still nothing. I know that the server is working because it works on apple ios, just not on my surface pro.

Tagged:

Answers

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭

@clarkp81@gmail.com said:
    under servers I can see the server that I want to connect to, but it is grayed out and when I select edit it says that the server is unauthorized. I attempted to use the chrome app and it said that it can not find a server. I selected to allow unsecure connections on both apps and still nothing. I know that the server is working because it works on apple ios, just not on my surface pro.

Do you use PMP on your "Surface", do you have the server's IP address in the PMP app settings. By Chrome app are you meaning Browser?

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.