If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Samsung S8 will only stream Original or 480p using mobile streaming

sjardinasjardina Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a new Samsung S8. As long as I am connected to WiFi even remotely I can change the bitrates for video within the application with no problem. When I turn off WiFi and use mobile the Plex application will only play videos in Original or 480p. If I try to manually select a bitrate the application crashes.

Comments

• chamber82chamber82 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having the same issue. Im not on an S8, im using a Nexus 6P on the latest version.

See here,

If I set the android app defaults to 3Mbps 720p when on mobile data it will trancode a file down.

The file is 3Mbps 720p so should be original quality but Plex is transcoding it to 476x268.

If I set the options to original and then try and Transcode it down, the app crashes.