Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Possible bug? Desktop maximized issue

okEricokEric Posts: 24 Plex Pass
edited May 18 in Plex Media Player

I use Plex media player in the regular desktop mode since it seems to work best for me. One small issue I have is that if I have it in maximized mode and then exit, then relaunch, it is back in restored mode just slightly smaller than it would be if it were maximized.

Has anyone else noticed this? It's not a huge deal, just takes clicking the maximize button, but still kind of annoying.

Here are screenshots to better illustrate what I'm talking about:

Player maximized:

I exit and then relaunch, and get it back in restored windowed mode, but almost the same size as maximized, several pixels off:

Best Answer

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 21,195 Plex Ninja

You can also try this:
    edit the shortcut to PMP, so the 'target' reads like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Plex\Plex Media Player\PlexMediaPlayer.exe" --desktop --fullscreen

drawback: you need to remember the default Windows key combo for quitting programs (Alt+F4), because the title bar is not visible anymore.

• okEricokEric Posts: 24 Plex Pass

Thanks, appreciate you both!