Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Error: not enough bandwidth for any playback

JdooshJdoosh Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I have an error that pops up specifically on my Roku "Not enough bandwidth for any playback of this item. Cannot convert to below minimum bandwidth of 103kbps. Neither direct play nor conversion is available."
I have isolated the error to occur when trying to play videos that require audio transcoding (video can be stepped down without issue). I have tried force direct play but these videos have ac3 5.1 audio which results in no sound output.
Connection is via LAN to server.
Have not had this issue prior to three days ago.
Server and roku versions are both up to date.
No issues on firetv connected via LAN to same network when transcoding ac3 audio to aac.
Server is not overloaded at all, is able to transcode multiple videos simultaneously.
I am unsure if this is an issue with a new update to PMS or the client, or if it is an issue with the roku firmware.

Tagged:

Answers

• wessalmonwessalmon Posts: 13 Plex Pass

I'm getting this now as well on my QNAP NAS.

Sadly the reliability of the Plex app on the QNAP has gone down the toilet in the last few months, leaving me to have to setup a backup Windows server just to keep the wife happy.

Not fun at all.

• jenson97jenson97 Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Just got the same thing on my synology nas. Very frustrating.