If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Error: not enough bandwidth for any playback

Answers

• FeMasterFeMaster Posts: 9Members ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Can someone direct me to instructions, or instruct me on how to create and where to find the log file, and I'll happily provide one as well. PMS is running on a Synology NAS, in case that makes any difference in where to find the log file.

• ff4500ff4500 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@FeMaster said:
    Can someone direct me to instructions, or instruct me on how to create and where to find the log file, and I'll happily provide one as well. PMS is running on a Synology NAS, in case that makes any difference in where to find the log file.

Settings > Server > Help > Download Logs

Just attached mine, in case it helps.

Also of note... I have almost the exact same setup on an i3 NUC that has no issues with this setup. Everything is exactly the same. This is happening on a new machine with an AMD A10-7860K with 8g of ram.

• jpluttrell1jpluttrell1 Posts: 2Members

I updated to 1.7.5.4035-313f93718 just now and I am getting the same error. Got it on a movie that played perfectly right before I updated.
    I have a Roku 3 and PMS is on a Seagate NAS.
    Logs are attached.

I tested out the same movies that I was having issues with (AC3-5.1 audio) on my Apple TV and they all play correctly. So it's definitely something that the Roku is having problems with. Both my Roku 3 and Roku Premiere have issues with the 5.1 files.

• rwsloanerwsloane Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

All of this seems to have started after upgrading to server version 1.7.5....It didn't happen under server version 1.5.5 or 1.7.2....I"ve moved to 1.7.6 but no joy.

• ryanbytesryanbytes Posts: 1Members

I'm having the same Roku problem. Does anyone have the previous Ubuntu install for the server so I can watch movies again?

• FeMasterFeMaster Posts: 9Members ✭✭
  • RoTiV-RoTiV- Posts: 2Members

My solution: downgraded to plexmediaserver v1.5.5 (1.5.5.3634-995f1dead)

• ShorinjiShorinji Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue as everyone else here for me too. Local content streaming fine. Can't stream/cast channels through either browser or android app due to bandwidth error message.

Any ETA for a fix?

• dbt986dbt986 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here. Latest PMS 1.7.6 on Ubuntu Linux with a wired Roku player. My content plays fine in a browser window on a wireless laptop.

Standing by for a patch.

• rlatch_homerlatch_home Posts: 1Members

I got the bandwidth error tonight when I enabled Subtitles on an episode - English - ASS. Video resumed as soon as I disabled subtitles.

Tried it again today with the newest 1.7.8 Plex update. Same issue.
    I can get some 5.1 content to play if I mess with the Roku audio settings, but then AAC video doesn't play.

This is with the newest 7.7 firmware on the Roku too.

Also decided to install Emby to test out the same video files that I have issues with through Plex, and they play with no issues at all. :neutral:

Rolled my Roku 3 back to 7.6.x firmware and still having this issue.

• rayantvhome@gmail.comrayantvhome@gmail.com Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

farewell Plex ... useless .. waste of money and time

• cayarscayars Posts: 4,386Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@rayantvhome@gmail.com said:
    farewell Plex ... useless .. waste of money and time

It's really a shame you give up so soon with only two posts in the forums (none of help). Plex is an awesome platform that you'll never fully get to experience. But of course it's your decision and we all wish you the best of luck.

Carlo

10.2K+ Movies, 410 Shows - 33.8K+ TV Episodes, 490 Christmas Movies, 445 Documentary, 290 3D Movies, 1300 NFL Games, 1280 Educational Videos, Premium Music: 215K+ Tracks, 775 GB Plex Meta-Data. 6 Network Cable Tuners.
    Thread on my setup with some tips and tricks: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/131308/cayars-setup-walk-through-and-some-tips-and-tricks/p1
  • jellimanjelliman Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any word on resolution of this issue. I have several files that have been encoded with two audio files. If the AAC stereo is selected then "Not enough bandwidth for direct play of this item ". If switched to AAC 5.1 there is flawless playback.

All of these issues occur with remote play and through Safari. No problems when streaming local.

Thank you

• swindmillswindmill Posts: 6Members ✭✭

I also have this problem when playing most videos through my Roku via Plex 1.7.5.4035-313f93718 running on a Fedora 26 machine. Is posting here the best way to seek resolution of the problem? What info can I provide to help the investigation along?