Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

On Android, sync status complete but no items to display

ElJimador40ElJimador40 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 124 Plex Pass

I'm new to syncing anything (in my case music) to my phone but I did get it working earlier today. Now somehow I'm able to initiate the sync from my desktop and sync status on both the desktop and the phone shows the sync has completed however navigating to the phone's location through the Plex app and then selecting music shows "no items to display". I keep trying to log out and back into Plex, uninstalling/reinstalling the Android app, deleting synced albums and re-syncing again, but no dice. Is there some setting on the phone (LG G4 w/Android 6.0) that's **** this up? Wondering because I was getting pestered with prompts to enable camera roll (which I do NOT want) and at some point trying to turn the damn thing off I think I tripped some setting to not allow Plex to see the media on my phone. Don't remember the exact message because it only flashed on the screen and I couldn't tell if it came from Plex or the phone itself.

Anyway, I'd appreciate if someone could walk me through how to get this working so I can listen to synced music on my phone again. Thanks.

Best Answer

• ElJimador40ElJimador40 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 124 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

...And all of the sudden this morning there are all my (re)synced albums visible through local and synced content on the phone again. No idea what changed to get it to work again but I'll take it. Always nice when a problem solves itself.

Answers

• andygradelandygradel Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Having very similar issues... I was finally able to get a music playlist to sync on my Moto G4 Plus, after reinstalling and re-installing the app. The tracks are listed as having been synced when viewing "sync status," but when I browse to playlists on my local/synced content dropdown, I only see a message that synced content will appear if I have a plex pass subscription and the server owner allows me to sync.

I've definitely got both of those in place, so guessing this is a new bug on the Android app?

I can post up screenshots if that helps... thansk

To add some context on my situation, when sync was working initially it was when I had just set up the music library on this particular server and synced all 10-15 albums I put in the library to start. I synced them in groups though by genre (rock, alternative, etc.) not realizing that when I added more albums to the library that Plex would automatically try to sync those also if they were in the same genre. So after going back later in the day to add a few hundred more albums to the library I look at my phone and see it's trying to sync all of them with one particular album stuck and giving me an error message (it was an album I added and removed from the server a couple of times because it wasn't scraping correctly). When I saw that I started immediately started deleting all sync items in order to get rid of the by genre rule so I could re-sync by album only the ones I actually wanted on my phone. It was trying to re-sync that nothing worked again. No matter how many times I re-install the phone app, re-login to the server, etc. every time I sync now, it appears like sync is working the same and the albums are definitely taking up storage space on the phone however going to local and synced items on the phone still says "no items to display".

Not sure if that helps to pinpoint what might be going on but just thought I'd offer it in case it does.

Accepted Answer

...And all of the sudden this morning there are all my (re)synced albums visible through local and synced content on the phone again. No idea what changed to get it to work again but I'll take it. Always nice when a problem solves itself.

• andygradelandygradel Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Same here... odd... very odd...