If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Direct Play doesn't work (Transcoded FLAC files)

hospital349hospital349 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Device: Pixel XL
Version: Android 7.1.2
Plex App: Latest BETA version
Plex Server: Latest Plex Pass Version

Hello.

My issue is what the title suggests. I'm pretty sure that one of the recent Plex updates was supposed to have solved any/all FLAC direct play issues? - Obviously not.

How to reproduce:

• Play a FLAC file in Plex for Android
  • Go to Plex Media Player on Windows, view status and roll mouse cursor over current Android playback window, to view details.
  • The window will read 'Transcoding from FLAC to MP3'.

There have been a couple of instances, with certain FLAC files, where Direct Play has worked. However, it's once in a blue moon. Most files are transcoded, no matter what.

If anyone could shed some light onto the issue, or share there experiences, I would be extremely grateful.

Warm regards.

Comments

• hospital349hospital349 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Direct Play appears to be working again, since they pushed the most current beta updates. :)

• Théo BoloThéo Bolo Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Device : Samsung S7 Edge
    Plex App : 6.2.1
    Plex Server : 1.7.6.4058

Still doesn't work for me... all my FLAC files are always converted to MP3 even if i'm configuring to maximum quality, like @hospital349 i'm seeing that my Plex Server is converting.

I've done a "top" command to check my server CPU and i'm sure that Plex is converting every Flac files :/ .... I hope that'll be solved soon.

• razvan.constantinrazvan.constantin Posts: 212Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Tried two different albums in flac format and all tracks direct played from a LG G4.
    Example of flac: