If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Access to local server not possible after adding second user

SopduSopdu Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

i became finally a PlexPass Member today.
I am using Plex for quite a while and i am so happy with it that i finally subscribed for a Lifetime Subscription.

I am running the Server on a CentOS Linux Server
Access was configured to be without Authorization for local hosts.
My Plex Server is connected to my Plex account.

After I added a second user and set the Plex App pin i am not able to login anymore locally to configure my server.
I still can access via browser outside of my home the content using my Plex account.

When I try to access my local server using this URL http://localhost:32400/web/index.html#!/dashboard I am prompted to login with my PlexAccount.

Once I enter my details i get the following message:
- The username or password is incorrect. Repeated attempts may temporarily disable sign in.

I also tried to access plex.tv from my server directly which results in the same message as above.

But the provided credentials are fine because I can login to plex.tv (as you can see i am writing from my account) if i am not doing it from my server.

I have the feeling that i have a setting in place which prevents me now to access my server (as admin).

I really hope you can help me out...

Thanks a lot.
BR
Paul

Best Answer

• SopduSopdu Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Ok this issue seems to be only mine.

Anyway i found a solution.

After i gained access again on my server... see above ... I was still not able to connect my server to my account. I could solve this by accessing my server from a different local machine.
    Strange to me... but somehow from my server i cannot connect to plex.tv anymore.

Now it all works again...

Answers

• mark.atwellmark.atwell Posts: 5Members ✭✭

I cannot see my plugins folder for plex on Synology nas

UPDATE...

Using this Link

Why am I locked out of Server Settings and how do I get in?-

I was able to gain access back to my server.
    Now the issue is that i am not able to sign in to my account within my Plex Server.

The message remains: "The username or password is incorrect. Repeated attempts may temporarily disable sign in."

How is this possible when i am logged in right now using the same credentials?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Answer

Ok this issue seems to be only mine.

Anyway i found a solution.

After i gained access again on my server... see above ... I was still not able to connect my server to my account. I could solve this by accessing my server from a different local machine.
    Strange to me... but somehow from my server i cannot connect to plex.tv anymore.

Now it all works again...