Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Buffering with Plex tv app but not with DLNA

Hello

I've got Plex server installed on a computer on my home network I'm accessing it through a Samsung un50j5200afxzc tv. When using the Plex tv app, it will frequently buffer so badly as to be unwatchable. If I switch to the Plex server using the Input select on my tv, it will work fine. I believe that using the input select connects via DLNA - I don't see the Plex UI, just a generic one.

Since playback works fine using DLNA, that leads me to believe that my server and network is good. Anyone else having problems like this? Can anything be done to fix it?

Thx

Comments

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

@Paket.hdr said:
    Hello

I've got Plex server installed on a computer on my home network I'm accessing it through a Samsung un50j5200afxzc tv. When using the Plex tv app, it will frequently buffer so badly as to be unwatchable. If I switch to the Plex server using the Input select on my tv, it will work fine. I believe that using the input select connects via DLNA - I don't see the Plex UI, just a generic one.

Since playback works fine using DLNA, that leads me to believe that my server and network is good. Anyone else having problems like this? Can anything be done to fix it?

Thx

The first thing i would try is removing the apps from TV that you don't use to free up Ram and create free space as Tv are very limited in this department. I did this on a LG and results have been good, occasionally i need to restart the Tv after a long pause interval. I have found it's best to exit the app and go back in later. You got nothing to lose as all the deleted apps are available for download again if required.

• Paket.hdrPaket.hdr Members Posts: 2

Thanks for responding.

I deleted all extra apps off my TV but I'm still getting buffering.