Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[BUG] Samsung app - selection box disappears after standby

VikingSvenVikingSven Members, Plex Pass Posts: 25 Plex Pass

After going back into Plex after the TV has been in standby, when you go back to the home screen the selection box for items disappears so you can't see what you have selected. You can still navigate around and press OK to launch things, but just have no idea what you're clicking on. The only way I've found to fix it is to completely exit Plex with the back button, and launch it again.

How to reproduce:
Watch something on Plex on Samsung TV.
Turn TV off (put it in standby) with the power button on the remote.
Come back later, turn TV on again and launch Plex
Go back to the home screen.
Yellow selection box disappears.

Answers

• cpikecpike Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass

Same issue on my new Samsung TV.

Model: UA55KU6000W

• BoldenBolden Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

I have this too.
    Model: UA70KU6000WXXY

*Can the title of this thread have [BUG] added to it?

• RasorjbRasorjb Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I also have this issue.

• TrickoTricko Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass
    edited June 6

I have a similar problem, but I can't select or play any content at all. I can move up to the server selection and the highlight box appears and will open that menu.
    And likewise pressing return opens the exit confirmation dialog that works fine.
    Once I exit and restart it's fine again then until it's been in standby for a while and then it happens again, every single time.

Edit: should have said this is on a KS8000, latest tv firmware, and latest available version of Plex, but I've had this problem ever since I've had the TV last year.