Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Want to delete and start over but there's no Plex anything in any Library folders.

edathomeedathome Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

Nothing seems to working anymore so I figure starting over always helps, but following the instructions on the Plex pages on how to delete files, I'm finding I have none of the files on my Mac mini anywhere. Searched for them and none turn up. How then can I delete files I don't have and why don't they exist in the first place?

Answers

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭
    edited May 18

@edathome said:
    Nothing seems to working anymore so I figure starting over always helps, but following the instructions on the Plex pages on how to delete files, I'm finding I have none of the files on my Mac mini anywhere. Searched for them and none turn up. How then can I delete files I don't have and why don't they exist in the first place?

For the Library that you need it is hidden. It's not the one you find in Macintosh HD
    Login into Admin User.
    Hold down "option key" Then go to Menu at the top of screen and look for "Go" you will see Library appear.
    All the below files are found in** Library** Once in let go of option key.
    Delete Plex media server cache, Application support for** plex Media server** found in application support, Plexmediaserver "plist" Preferences, Application "Plex" found in application folder.
    Empty Trash.