If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Future plans

jwrayjwray Posts: 1,268Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
There have been a number of threads or posts asking about time-lines, future plans, etc for various features. Rather than answer them all individually I thought I answer here. There is no definitive answer expect features will be released when ready but I thought I would outline the current situation regarding new versions.

First, and probably biggest, is that I currently don't have a good place to work (this is a massive understatement). My house is currently in pieces undergoing a remodel and so small, urgent bug fixes are about the limit of my development capabilities right now. Obviously once our remodel is done and I'm back home that'll change. But, as anyone who's done a remodel will know all too well, I have no idea when we'll be done.

Second, both Plex Media Server and the Roku box are actively developing new versions and I don't want to waste time developing features, fixing bugs or developing work arounds that will go away in the new versions. You've already seen some of the PMS improvements applied to the Roku with the ffmpeg versions posted. Roku has a 3.0 in beta and it wouldn't surprise me to see applicable improvements there also.

So, bottom line is that new features etc. probably won't be out next week but you probably can expect them over a slightly longer but not too distant time frame.

Jonny

Comments

• calvin4000calvin4000 Posts: 80Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Many thanks from Switzerland for all these info, Jonny... :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing future releases...

Cheers...
    Calvin4000