Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex is not downloading posters with VIMAGE not enabled on FreeNAS

tairatclifftairatcliff Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited May 19 in FreeBSD

I have installed Plex manually within a JAIL on my FreeNAS setup and I can't get it to download any of the posters. I found the following link with the same issue https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/231271/no-poster-and-metadata however this won't work for me. Is there a workaround that enabled me to install Plex in FeeNAS Jail and not enable VIMAGE?

My FreeNAS setup is used for more than my home media and I have multiple VLANs configured. If I enable VIMAGE, then I am not able to connect my Plex jail to the correct VLAN (or NIC in FeeNAS).

I have installed Plex on other systems outside of my FreeNAS server including Windows and it all works fine. I'd rather install my Plex Server within my FeeNAS where I have plenty of compute resources available. So I'd prefer to get it working from the Jail.

Answers

• ValdhorValdhor Posts: 502Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My understanding of VIMAGE is that it provides a full network stack to the jail. This is required by apps that use their own broadcast addresses and not using it can break some apps (I believe it breaks Plex).

The way you're using VLAN's may require you to set up your own routing tables for the jail. Unfortunately it looks like you have a very specific setup and I don't think I can help you.