Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Samsung MU6300 not playing 4k mkv

Just got a Samsung MU6300 today. I've got a 4k MKV file that won't play on the native plex app. I get the error code "PLAYER_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED_FORMAT". I've attached an image with the file info as flex sees it. It should be noted that plex plays it on other apps and in the web player. Any idea what's happening?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• stalbot207stalbot207 Members Posts: 17 ✭✭

Thanks for the info. The only thing I can think of is that the audio isn't working because it's Flac. I have one other 4k file. Which happens to work. Here's all the info for each in one image. I honestly don't know what else it could be. What is funny is that my friend has been able to play it on an LG 4k tv :(

It works! I tried forcing direct stream. No luck. But it works when I uncheck "allow direct stream".

Now my only problem is that it buffers every 3 seconds. When I'm on a 200mb/s connection and the files are in the same network as the tv :/

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

@stalbot207 said:
    It works! I tried forcing direct stream. No luck. But it works when I uncheck "allow direct stream".

Now my only problem is that it buffers every 3 seconds. When I'm on a 200mb/s connection and the files are in the same network as the tv :/

I bet if you try DLNA it will work with Direct Play or without.

On the other issue buffering a couple questions.

Server details
    Version PMS

I'm guessing this is about secure connections try Disable or Preferred. Found in server setting/Network.

@Gdr56 said:

@stalbot207 said:

Server details
    Version PMS

I'm guessing this is about secure connections try Disable or Preferred. Found in server setting/Network.

It was set to preferred so I tried disabled. No luck.

Server is a Late 2013 Mac Pro. PMS Version 1.5.5.3634.

edited May 19

@stalbot207 said:

@Gdr56 said:

@stalbot207 said:

Server details
    Version PMS

Your Local network is Gigabit Ethernet I gather, not WiFi. Have you set your network setting to Duplex full and not flow control. Speed to 1000baseT. Try restarting your router and switch before trying again. Have recently restarted your Tv from Wall not remote.

Make sure your Plex app on Tv setting for H.264 Level is 5.1

@Gdr56 said:

@stalbot207 said:

@Gdr56 said:

@stalbot207 said:

Server details
    Version PMS

Your Local network is Gigabit Ethernet I gather, not WiFi. Have you set your network setting to Duplex full and not flow control. Speed to 1000baseT. Try restarting your router and switch before trying again. Have recently restarted your Tv from Wall not remote.

Make sure your Plex app on Tv setting for H.264 Level is 5.1

I'm now going through an ethernet cable. haha. Still I get about 10 seconds for every buffer.

I don't honestly know how to change the Duplex mode and actually have never heard of it. I searched through all my router settings and couldn't find it. I have a linksys ea6350.

Is it possible that it's the TV's memory? What's interesting is that I had an LG 4k tv right before this that I ended up returning and that was on wireless and worked fine with the 4k video.

Device Limitations
    Some apps can have other limitations that may affect playback. For instance, the Plex for Smart TVs and Plex for PlayStation app can experience memory-related constraints. If you try to play content at too high a bitrate, the app can run out of memory available to it, which can result either in crashing or in poor playback, which may manifest as buffering.

Have you tried removing/ Deleting all the useless apps from your Samsung. I know they have many as my mother Tv I had to delete a huge amount of apps to get Plex to work effectively. You may have turn Auto update as it will re populate, Manually update and become a frequent visitor to the forums and check for updates in Categories.

@Gdr56 said:
    Have you tried removing/ Deleting all the useless apps from your Samsung. I know they have many as my mother Tv I had to delete a huge amount of apps to get Plex to work effectively. You may have turn Auto update as it will re populate, Manually update and become a frequent visitor to the forums and check for updates in Categories.

For some reason the tv won't let me delete all the apps that came with it. Only the apps that I added. Which is stupid because they're a ton of them you're right. Like 80% of the storage is full.

Will turning off auto updates help?

@stalbot207 said:

@Gdr56 said:

For some reason the tv won't let me delete all the apps that came with it. Only the apps that I added. Which is stupid because they're a ton of them you're right. Like 80% of the storage is full.

Will turning off auto updates help?

Auto updates prevent apps repopulating