Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remote Service stops working quite often

avawdreyavawdrey Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Hi,

I have tried to fix this on my own but I still have no luck so far but I have a few idea I want to run by some more experienced individuals.

Issue: About every day or few days my Plex server will no longer connect with remote access and the only way to get it working again is rebooting my router.

I am currently using a Linksys EA6900 router and it is on the latest firmware - 1.1.42.174776... The router has DHCP set up the my computer running Plex has a static IP Address. Plex is also on the current software - 1.5.5.3634. I do have port forwarding set up for the default port plex suggests. Computer is running windows 10.

My theory:
I found that when my remote service changed today that my public IPv6 IP address change but not my public IPv4 address.

I am looking for other opinions on my theory and if anyone else has any ideas that may be causing my issue. I am very thankful for any input.

Answers

• jmeehan11jmeehan11 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 81 Plex Pass

You can try to stop using IPv6 in plex, there is an option in the menu.
    Also, are you using UPnP to map the 32400 port in Plex? try to check specify port manually, leave it at 32400, but do the port forwarding manually.