If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Where can I go to ask for new features (for Plex on Amazon Fire Tablet)?

SocratesGSSocratesGS Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I wanted to ask for a feature to be added for the Plex for Android app. Specifically on the Amazon Fire tablet. I wanted to check out plex for Android so I installed it onto my cell phone. I was very pleased with the app and liked how I could sync movies ahead of time and watch them from local storage on my phone while I am traveling or without wifi. Then I thought it would be even better on my Fire tablet because I have a huge SD card that is barely being used for some reason. However, I can't set the SD card as the source for Sync storage like I can with my cell phone. Can this feature be added for Fire tablets too?

Best Answer

Answers

• SocratesGSSocratesGS Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Anyone able to point me where to go? Is this the right place?

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 15,887Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

You should be able to sync to the SD card on the fire tablet.

@MovieFan.Plex said:
    You should be able to sync to the SD card on the fire tablet.

I have 50GB of free space on my SD card, but I don't even see it as an option for sync storage.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 15,887Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Which tablet and what OS is it running? Also, are you running it under the free time feature?

@MovieFan.Plex said:
    Which tablet and what OS is it running? Also, are you running it under the free time feature?

Fire 7" tablet running Fire OS 5.3.3.0 and no free time is involved.

I have the same tablet and I do see the SD card. You'll need to provide the log from the app after you try setting up the sync options.