Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feature Request - Add the ability to allow certain friends/user to share your server too

mrtheboyfull2.0@gmail.commrtheboyfull2.0@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I'm not sure if this has been talked about or mentioned in the past, but it would be nice if you were able to give permission to other users outside your home to share your server. For example my uncle has his own plex server, and I have my own too. When my uncle wants to share his server with a friend, it would be nice if he were able to share mine too, but plex does not allow this and I have to manually go and also share the my server with this person or add them to my home. So what I'm asking for is for the ability to give the permission to my uncle to also share my server.

Not sure if this would be possible to add but it would be very very nice for me since I do not mind my uncle sharing my server with his friends.

Comments

• beckfieldbeckfield Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3,347 Plex Pass

There's been a lot of discussion about this. The general consensus is that this is a bad idea. I'll see if I can find one of the threads.