Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Why does it show it like there's a duplicate?

AnastacioAnastacio Members Posts: 36 ✭✭

Hello guys,

Recently, my Media Server has started showing my shows as having duplicate shows, so it says there's two of the same media. I have checked all of my folders, and there's really only one of each episode. How come it has started telling me there's two of each?

I've had a Season in my folder, deleted it, and copied a new folder in there with the same name. But since I deleted the original season, there's only the newly copied Season in there, and so it should show as no duplicate.

I hope someone can help me out.

Best Answer

Answers

• trumpy81trumpy81 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 8,896 Plex Ninja

Make sure you have Empty trash automatically after every scan enabled in Plex settings->server->library and don't forget to 'Save Changes' if you make any changes there. Restart the server after any changes.

Then perform the following in order:

1. Optimise Database
    2. Empty Trash
    3. Clean Bundles

Wait for each step to complete before moving to the next step. Also, you may need to repeat the above and to refresh your browser page before things will clean up.

You may also view the path of each file by selecting 'Get Info' for each episode. The path for each file should be displayed at the top of the Get Info dialogue.

HTH

• AnastacioAnastacio Members Posts: 36 ✭✭

I've done everything you've told me to, and it still lists episode duplicates. I first updated my Plex Media Server (as I hadn't before), then I went to optimise data, let it do its work, then empty trash and then clean bundles. I've also refreshed my browser and restarted my computer.

But it still lists episodes as there's 2 of each in some of my shows. And the path of each file is the exact same, but there's only one of each file in my folder.

• JuiceWSAJuiceWSA Members Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Log Files will likely reveal the issue:
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250417-Plex-Media-Server-Log-Files
    Drag zip file to a message window and drop it.

• AnastacioAnastacio Members Posts: 36 ✭✭