Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to load a resource with + symbol in its name?

CigarasCigaras Members Posts: 122 ✭✭

Title says it all, if I try to execute a command Resource.ExternalPath('icon+test.png') (or R('icon+test.png') for short) this is what I get in my logs and image does not show:

2017-05-19 09:42:39,980 (120) :  DEBUG (runtime:717) - Handling request GET /:/plugins/com.plexapp.plugins.test/resources/icon+test.png?t=1495175883
2017-05-19 09:42:39,984 (120) :  DEBUG (runtime:814) - Found route matching /:/plugins/com.plexapp.plugins.test/resources/icon test.png
2017-05-19 09:42:39,997 (120) :  DEBUG (runtime:88) - Sending packed state data (105 bytes)
2017-05-19 09:42:39,997 (120) :  DEBUG (runtime:924) - Response: [404] NoneType, 0 bytes

Any suggestions?

I can't change the name of the image I am using.

Answers

• czukowskiczukowski Members Posts: 124 ✭✭

@Cigaras try using %2B instead of a plus sign and see if it helps.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1005676/urls-and-plus-signs

• CigarasCigaras Members Posts: 122 ✭✭

R('icon%2Btest.png') returns None without any additional log messages neither in plug-in or in server logs.

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Posts: 2,484 Plex Ninja

Would String.Quote(value, usePlus = False) work?

• CigarasCigaras Members Posts: 122 ✭✭

@shopgirl284 no, it does not work either. Whether usePlus is set to True or False it returns same icon%2Btest.png, and R(String.Quote('icon+test.png', usePlus = False)) gives me same as R('icon%2Btest.png'), nothing :(

• rols1rols1 Members Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

@Cigaras
    is it possible for you to use Core.bundle_path? Then you are not limited by the sandbox-restrictions of the resourcekit and the suggestions @shopgirl284 and @czukowski should work.
    PlexPluginCodePolicy in Info.plist must be set (Elevated).
    /R

Plugins: ARDMediathek2016, Plex-Plugin-KIKA_und_tivi, Plex-Plugin-3Sat_Mediathek, Plex-Plugin-Flickr, Plex-Plugin-TagesschauXL, Plex-Plugin-Phoenix_Mediathek

@Cigaras
    pardon - unexpectedly ist doesn't work.
    I tried this code (with and without Quoting):

icon='ico+n.png' # Icon-Test
        Log(icon)
    #   icon=String.Quote('ico+n.png', usePlus = False)  
        icon_path = 'Contents/Resources/%s' % icon
        full_icon_path = os.path.join(Core.bundle_path, icon_path)
        Log(full_icon_path)
        oc.add(DirectoryObject(key=Callback(dummy,thumb=full_icon_path), title='Icon-Test',
            summary='', tagline='TV', thumb=full_icon_path))

The Server logs the right path: url => http://127.0.0.1:32400/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/StreamTest.bundle/Contents/Resources/ico+n.png'
    but logs then an 404-Error: Completed: [192.168.0.100:51532] 404 GET /photo/:/transcode?url=http%3A%2F%2F127.0.0.1%3A32400%2Fvar%2Flib%2Fplexmediaserver%2FLibrary%2FApplication%20Support%2FPlex%20Media%20Server%2FPlug-ins%2FStreamTest.bundle%2FContents%2FResources%2Fico%2Bn.png&width=150&height=150&minSize=1 (8 live) GZIP 1ms 379 bytes (pipelined: 9)

I will try to find out the reason ...
    /R

Plugins: ARDMediathek2016, Plex-Plugin-KIKA_und_tivi, Plex-Plugin-3Sat_Mediathek, Plex-Plugin-Flickr, Plex-Plugin-TagesschauXL, Plex-Plugin-Phoenix_Mediathek
  • czukowskiczukowski Members Posts: 124 ✭✭

@rols1
    Is using a full path in URL like that some kind of feature I haven't known about before? If it is, that seems pretty unsafe to me because anything on your computer may be accessible. Although 404 error indicates that it's not working that way.

Anyway, from the OP, it seems like Plex framework code is converting plus sign to space, but I've read somewhere that plus is reserved for space only in URL query part, which filename quite isn't. Therefore it appears like there's a bug with URL decoding in Plex framework. It could still be decoding %2B correctly, but Resource.ExternalPath won't return it.

@Cigaras
    Have you tried something like R('icon+test.png').replace('+', '%2B')? If Plex does indeed urldecode correctly (other than the plus sign), it might be just what's needed to generate the working URL.

@czukowski
    yes, I have seen an example for 'URL query part' here: http://www.3sat.de/mediathek/?mode=suche&query=trump+america.

My idea to use Core-functions comes from the updater-modules , because many of them uses Core.storage.save() to put the zip-data into Plugin-directory. My next idea: if this would works, we could store the loaded icon-data with an acceptable filename und use it in the normal way with R(icon).
    But my last tests shows, that I'm not able (until yet) to load the binary data of a icon in the Resource-directory.
    Core.storage.load() fails and HTTP.Request("%s/:/plugins/%s/%s" % (myhost, myplugin, icon_path), immediate=True).content also fails.

I have not given up yet... :)
    /R

edited June 24

@Cigaras
    it's more easier than i thought: :)
    I only copy the icon to an icon with a 'normal' name (import shutil is needed for this solution). This happens inside Resources-directory of Plugin:

icon_bad ='ico+n.png' 
        icon_good='icon.png'

icon_bad_path = 'Contents/Resources/%s' % icon_bad
        icon_good_path = 'Contents/Resources/%s' % icon_good
        full_icon_bad_path = os.path.join(Core.bundle_path, icon_bad_path)
        full_icon_good_path = os.path.join(Core.bundle_path, icon_good_path)
        Log(full_icon_bad_path)
        Log(full_icon_good_path)

shutil.copy(full_icon_bad_path, full_icon_good_path)

oc.add(DirectoryObject(key=Callback(dummy), title='Icon-Test',
            summary='', tagline='TV', thumb=R(icon_good)))

Yes, I agree czukowski : not an example for security - but similiar safe / unsafe like a Plugin-Update.

Edit: R('icon+test.png').replace('+', '%2B') at my place caused AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'

/R