Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Casting from mobile pauses when screen is turned off

Nobodyin303Nobodyin303 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass
edited May 19 in Android (mobile)

Running the latest beta 5.10.0.132 and now when I cast to my Rasplex, if I am on the main episode screen or the season screen of a TV season and the screen sleeps, the casting pauses. If I go back up higher, to the main screen (on deck, new, etc) I can shut off the screen and the stream stays playing. Just started with this latest update.

Nexus 6P, Android 7.1.1

Tagged:

Comments

• jens.bergqvistjens.bergqvist Members, Plex Pass Posts: 21 Plex Pass

I have the same behaviour when casting to Chromecast with the latest beta.
    Nexus 6P, Android O (dev preview 2)

• Nobodyin303Nobodyin303 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

Just updated to 5.10.0.160 and same behavior.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,127 Plex Pass

If you haven't posted this in the Android (mobile) beta board it probably won't get the attention it needs. @Nobodyin303 you might want to comment on the thread jens.bergqvist started in the beta board.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.7.5 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• nibble4bitsnibble4bits Members, Plex Pass Posts: 154 Plex Pass
    edited May 22

I am having this problem too with the same beta version @Nobodyin303 mentioned and the update after that one.

I can workaround it, when the focus is taken off of Plex, pull down your notifications and resume playing from the Chromecast status.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U (T-Mobile)
    Android N 7.0
    Samsung Experience Version 8.1

== Cosmo ==

Plex Server: Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz (Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz, 8,226 PassMarks), 16 GB memory

Beta Participation: Plex DVR with HDHomeRun Prime; Plex Cloud with Microsoft OneDrive (40 GB)

Client Devices: Several Android phones, Chromecast streaming (1st & 2nd gen), and plex.tv.

• jens.bergqvistjens.bergqvist Members, Plex Pass Posts: 21 Plex Pass

This issue appears to be solved in the latest beta (5.10.0.232).