Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

TVDB Metadata not loading

SynnSynn Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

Anyone had an issue over the past couple of days whereby the metadata for TV shows isn't being pulled through. Status shows that it's refreshing metadata and then says finished, but not pulling any information.

Seems to be affecting Supernatural, Lip Sync Battle, and Criminal Minds at the minute

Any ideas?

I've checked and TVDB is up and the metadata is there

Best Answer

• SynnSynn Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I've refreshed again and it looks like it's pulled it through this time (Grey's Anatomy, for example, pulled through on it's own)

Guessing it was a temporary API glitch, but will follow this if it happens again and doesn't sort itself out.

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 24,552Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

start with https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/202967376-Clearing-Plugin-Channel-Agent-HTTP-Caches

If your server has more than 1 network adapter, make sure the "right" one is used. If these are just wired and wireless, disable the wireless adapter. The restart Plex Server.

1. activate debug logging (not 'verbose'!)
    2. quit Plex Server
    3. wait 1 minute
    4. start Plex Server
    5. wait 2 minutes
    6. either refresh one tv show or add one episode into your library
    7. wait 3 minutes
    8. fetch log files and attach them here
    Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • SynnSynn Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I've refreshed again and it looks like it's pulled it through this time (Grey's Anatomy, for example, pulled through on it's own)

Guessing it was a temporary API glitch, but will follow this if it happens again and doesn't sort itself out.