If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PMP Windows 10 OpenGL error

citycentrefoxcitycentrefox Posts: 1Members

Good Morning All

I have a few queries regarding Plex Media Player....

I have done a fresh install of Win10 on a Lenovo PC. When I install and run PMP I get an error message regarding OpenGL not being abled to be opened. I have searched on google and on this forum and tried the fixes that were advised including setting display drivers in compatibility mode and a setting to change openGL to false/true but to no avail....Any other ideas floating around?

Also I am running a server (Quad core Athlon II) with PMS on a Win10 machine and was using a Roku LT box as a client in another room. It was always transcoding H265 MKV files but not H264 (MKV is my preferred choice as my Yamaha doesn't read 5.1 MP4 aac). I did some digging and I found that the Roku doesn't play H265 natively hence the transcoding. Also the Roku struggles/buffers constantly. That is the reason for setting up the Lenovo. I can get PHT to run OK but prefer PMP as I have this on my Athlon II PC. However when I access H265 files on the Lenovo it still transcodes. I have installed all the same codecs on both machines. Why does the PMS still need to transcode? The Athlon PC is running the server. I really don't want to run 2 servers.....