If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Playing Plex V4.11 on iOS 10.3.2 thru Plex Player V1.3.1.649 on Windows 10 build 1703 x64 (bug?)

Frangelis72Frangelis72 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a high end soundcard in my PC and I'm sometimes listening to music on headphones. In this situation, I used the 64 bit Plex Player V1.2.5.606 to be remotely controlled by an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 10.3.2 and Plex app V4.11. So I can browse my music collection and play files directly with the iPhone on my PC-system; the iPhone functions as a remote control. Very nice.
With the latest update Plex Player for Windows x64 V1.3.1.649 however, this is not working anymore. If i select the Plex Player on the PC on my iPhone to use as output device, playing doesn't start. I see the circling circle for a while on the iPhone followed by an error message that playing is not possible, please retry.
Note that the Plex app from the Microsoft Store does have this problem too and never worked in the above situation.

Plex Player for Windows V1.2.5.606 works great but everytime I start the player now, it starts updating to the later, not working, version. I have to cancel this on each launch.

Anyone with the same experience? Can this be fixed?

Tagged: