Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Way to connect Sonarr to Plex without having to use Plex.tv username and password - API KEY?

Hi,

I use Sonarr to run a few updates across to my Plex server, and I was wondering whether there is a way to complete the updates without my Plex username and password having to be used.

I found out you can extract the username and password being used for plex straight out of Sonarr. Below you can see what it is asking for, is there any way to set up plex so we can use an API key to update this information instead of having to use a username and password?

See Pushover settings as an example:

See how we can use a API key for the user instead of username and PW.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Answers

• chaybrandonchaybrandon Members Posts: 2

Think I may have found a way!

I'm just using the plex media scanner CMD tool and setting Sonarr to run the script when downloaded!

• adamskoogadamskoog Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,263 Plex Ninja

@chaybrandon said:
    Think I may have found a way!

I'm just using the plex media scanner CMD tool and setting Sonarr to run the script when downloaded!

That would be a way to go about it, the other way would be to bring up your concerns on the Sonarr forums so they can possibly fix any security issues on their end (which would help far more users): https://forums.sonarr.tv/