Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[POssibily dumb question] Play all episodes starting from first unwatched

ElimGarakElimGarak Members Posts: 30 ✭✭

Hello!
This is possibly a dumb question, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work.
I'd like to play all episodes of a season continuously starting from the first unwatched.
I'm quite sure the function must be there, since it's such a basic feature, but I can't find it on either my PS4 and LG Smart apps.
Thanks a lot!

Best Answer

Answers

• jjrjr1jjrjr1 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,704 Plex Pass

What I do is enter the season I want to play.
    Go to the first episode I want to play in that season, start it, Plex (On the Roku) will continue to play all subsequent Unwatched episodes for that season.

• ElimGarakElimGarak Members Posts: 30 ✭✭

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. At the end of the episode, I go back to the season page. :-(

• JuiceWSAJuiceWSA Members Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19

What client/device?

The blanket approach used to be:
    Go to the Show Page - hit Play on the remote.
    Plex took off with the first unwatched episode and didn't stop until you ran out of episodes or stopped playback manually.

That all could have gone 'round the bend with 'AutoPlay' - but I think with 'AutoPlay' as the name might suggest, the idea is to 'AutoPlay'. Could be wrong. I don't use it, didn't design it, don't want it, but can't seem to get rid of it entirely. Finding it should be pretty easy 'cause it's in my face ALL THE TIME!

Somewhere in an app setting/server setting/player setting you should find AutoPlay with a checkbox next to it. The default behavior is 'ENABLED', so if it's not working already - that's a mystery in itself.

Hi, JuiceWSA. I use either LG Smart TV or PS4 app.
    I don't remember if I ever tried hitting Play from the Show page, I usually try it from the season I'm watching. I'll try. Thanks!

Well, that could prove interesting.
    The LG app isn't officially supported by Plex 'cause they didn't create it. I think they may have had something to do with the PS4 app, but that's really just a guess.

Let us know what happens when you strike play at the Show Page.

Nope, it's not working this way either. :-(
    It's a bit frustrating. I have to select "Play all" and then skip to the first episode I want to see. In 22-episodes seasons, if you want to start from let's say 18, it's quite a bummer.
    I actually thought it was my fault, since it's such a basic feature...

@ElimGarak said:
    Nope, it's not working this way either. :-(
    It's a bit frustrating. I have to select "Play all" and then skip to the first episode I want to see. In 22-episodes seasons, if you want to start from let's say 18, it's quite a bummer.
    I actually thought it was my fault, since it's such a basic feature...

The app in that TV isn't developed by Plex. As such it's features are likely to be compromised to some degree. If there is a way to upgrade it, it's developer may have created a newer version, but how you would actually do that are a complete mystery to me.

edited May 24

Even the PS4 app isn't developed by Plex? I thought it was.