If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Add a second server

imantoshimantosh Posts: 17Members ✭✭

Hello,

First of all, thanks for helping. My situation is the following:

We have two computers at home and an Apple TV4. I'm currently using Plex on Apple TV with my MacBook as server using a my user (let's call it User1). I'm gonna be away for a couple of months so I want her to be able to watch our TV shows and movies, so I have created her a new user (Let's call it User2) and trying to create a new server. I did that and I'm getting this on the Apple TV:

I guess this happens because her server is her User2 and the Apple Tv is logged in with User1, correct? Ok, now I have logged with User1 (my user) in her computer to try to create a server and I get this:

I'm lost right now, may I have help here, please?

Thanks,

Comments

• bryanandersonbryananderson Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

did you "claim" your 2nd server and associate it with your Plex account?

• imantoshimantosh Posts: 17Members ✭✭

How do I do that? Do I need to be Plex Pass? Thanks!

No, if you login to the Plex Web UI, it should give you a notice that there is an unclaimed Server on your network, and you can click a button to "claim" it.

Oh thanks, I'll try it when I get back home this weekend. Thanks!

Do I have to be logged in, in the other computer with the same Plex user?

Login to the plex web interface on a computer on the same network as your second server

I can't see that notice. Thing is, my girlfriend's computer is logged in with her Plex user. When I acces Plex on the Apple TV, I get the first screenshot.

Solved! I had to invite myself from her user.

Thanks!

Can you translate that for me?

Nothing, just solved it, thanks.