If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PMS 1.3.4+ on Freenas manual install

nick779nick779 Posts: 11Members ✭✭

Is there a way to manually install/is PMS 1.3.4 and up compatible with Freenas 9.3

Ive tried the PMS updater, as well as doing the portupgrade route, and neither will let me go past 1.3.3

Answers

• ValdhorValdhor Posts: 502Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

9.3 is pretty old. You should be on 9.10 at the very least.

• ahughes03ahughes03 Posts: 158Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@nick779 I'd be willing to guess that you can't upgrade past 1.3.3 due to your jails being outdated.

1) SSH into your jail and run "pkg -vv"
    2) Look at the end of the readout for something like this:

Repositories:
    FreeBSD: {
    url : "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest",

If your "url" isn't freebsd:10, then your jails are as up-to-date as they can be. Time to upgrade your OS, and you might even need to migrate plex to a new jail

My Plex Server: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/qbJV3C
    My Plex Clients: 3x Odroid C-2 and OpenPHT, a few phones and tablets, etc..
    Setting up a Plex Server on FreeNAS "the right way"
    Setting up your Plex Dataset on FreeNAS "the right way"

• sremicksremick Posts: 1,149Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am on 9.10 but still had an old jail from way back, which eventually aged to the point where I couldn't upgrade Plex inside of it. I eventually broke down and did the proper thing of making a new jail from scratch, which didn't end up being as painful as I thought. If you set it up right, all your media is a separate mount inside the jail, so the only thing you need to do is migrate your Plex settings. I tar-ed it all up into a file I dropped on the media share then extracted it all back into the new jail. This was the most painful part mostly due to the time involved. Pro-tip: install rsync in your new jail while you can so that migrating the data next time between the old and new jails goes faster.

My server (35W idle, silent):

Software: PMS 1.7.1.3856 running in a jail on FreeNAS 9.10.2
    Motherboard: ASRock E3C226D2I Mini-ITX Server Motherboard
    CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1271 v3 Quad-Core 3.6GHz 8MB LGA1150 (Passmark: 10204)
    CPU cooler: Thermalright TRUE Spirit 120M(BW) Rev.A
    RAM: Crucial 16GB kit (8GBx2) DDR3 PC3-12800 Unbuffered ECC 1.35V CT2KIT102472BD160B
    HDDs: 6x WD Red NAS 3TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" WD30EFRX (RAIDZ2)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic Platinum Series SS-400FL2 Active PFC F3 400W ATX12V Fanless 80 PLUS Platinum Certified
    Case: Fractal Design Node 304 (8.27"x9.84"x14.72")